Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Our Lord Jesus on the topic of spiritual warfare


1. My daughter, I want to teach you about spiritual warfare. Never trust in yourself, but abandon yourself totally to My will. In desolation, darkness and various doubts, have recourse to Me
2. Do not bargain with any temptation; lock yourself immediately in My Heart
3. Put your self-love in the last place, so that it does not taint your deeds.
4. Bear with yourself with great patience.
5. Do not neglect interior mortifications.
6. Shun murmurers like a plague.
7. Let all act as they like; you are to act as I want you to.
8. If someone causes you trouble, think what good you can do for the person who caused you to suffer. Do not pour out your feelings.
9. Be silent when you are rebuked.
10. Do not ask everyone’s opinion, but only the opinion of your confessor; be as frank and simple as a child with him.
11. Do not become discouraged by ingratitude.
12. Do not examine with curiosity the roads down which I lead you.
13. When boredom and discouragement beat against your heart, run away from yourself and hide in My heart.
14. Do not fear struggle; courage itself often intimidates temptations, and they dare not attack us.
15. Always fight with the deep conviction that I am with you.
16. Do not be guided by feeling, because it is not always under your control; but all merit lies in the will.
17. I will not delude you with prospects of peace and consolations; on the contrary, prepare for great battles.
18. Know that you are now on a great stage where all heaven and earth are watching you.
19. Fight like a knight, so that I can reward you.
20. Do not be unduly fearful, because you are not alone.
—The Lord Jesus to St. Maria Faustina Kowalska, Divine Mercy in My Soul, n. 1760

4 comments:

kam said...

My wife and I spent this past Saturday at a one day retreat at the Divine Mercy Shrine in Stockbridge MA. and it was excellent! The topic of the retreat: Total Consecration to Jesus thru Mary given by Fr. Anthony. Love your blog, by the way.

Jackie Parkes MJ said...

Thanks for this post..

TH2 said...

Thank you for posting this, Sanctus elle. I really needed it at this late hour. Most meaningful to this sinner are these two:

15. Always fight with the deep conviction that I am with you.

17. I will not delude you with prospects of peace and consolations; on the contrary, prepare for great battles.

Catacombs said...

http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2010/jan/10012208.html

Pray pray pray. The hour of testing has arrived.