Monday, September 15, 2008

Novena for Life


Please in your charity consider starting a novena today for an end to the culture of death - for the end to all forms of willful murder: abortion, child abuse, euthanasia, etc. We can do this simply by saying one Memorare for this intention for nine consecutive days from the Feast of Our Lady of Sorrows (today September 15) until September 23. Traditionally this novena is said from the Feast of our Lady's nativity, but if you missed it (uh...like me) its never too late to start!


Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee,

O Virgin of virgins, my mother;
to thee do I come, before thee I stand,
sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions,
but in thy mercy hear and answer me.
Amen.

1 comment:

irene said...

Thank you for recognizing that there is far more to the culture of death than simple abortion.