Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Beginning and the End..

Came across this striking image of Jesus called "Jesus the Alpha and Omega" He appears in art for the first time bearded and in great similarity to modern depictions. This fresco, made in the fourth century in the Catacombs of Commodilla, on the Ostian way in Rome.
I find great comfort in the title of Jesus as the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I look forward with wonder and awe to see the completion of the world. I hope and pray to be chosen in His mercy to be among the elect.
"And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last." Revelation 1:17

1 comment:

Paul Anthony Melanson said...

We must be ready to lay down our lives. Lord Jesus, when it is time, accept my blood as seed to build up Your Kingdom.