Sunday, February 17, 2008

The Thirteenth Station

Jesus, how brutally you were put to death. How gently did you descend from the cross. The suffering and pain are ended Lord, and you are laid upon the lap of your holy mother. How tenderly did she press you to her heart. She wiped away the dirt and blood with the affection that only a mother has.

Assist us to live this day as if it were the last. Help me become a more gentle and loving person, patterning myself to thine Immaculate Mother.

O Mary, Mother most sorrowful, the sword of grief pierced thy soul when thou didst see Jesus lying lifeless on thy bosom; obtain for me hatred of sin because sin slew thy Son and wounded thine own heart, and grace to live a Catholic life - may my soul be spared the fire. Mary most sorrowful, be my salvation!

No comments: