Monday, May 14, 2007

About Me Meme

I`ve been tagged for the About Me Meme and here goes.

1. Male or Female: Female

2. Married or Single or Religious: Married

3. Dream vacation: Several week long pilgrimage (with orthodox priests, daily Mass the whole Catholic shebang) through the holy sites of Portugal, Spain, France, Italy and Greece. Taking a Greek Island tour by ship in the footsteps of St. Paul would round it out nicely. And no, I would not go to Medjugore! Church approved sites ONLY.

4. Birthplace: Edina, Minnesota

5. Area I live in currently: Southern Minnesota, Winona Diocese


6. Someone you wish you could meet: The Blessed Virgin Mary

7. Biggest "pet-peeve": Noisy eaters and overall bad table manners (wolfing food, talking with mouth full of food...you get the picture)

8. Favorite Religious devotion: The Rosary





9. Favorite Saint (besides the Blessed Mother): Jehanne the Maid, aka Joan of Arc

10. Favorite sport that you play: Running, if that’s a sport.

11. Favorite food: Crispy tacos, preferably with a margarita!





12. Tridentine or Novus Ordo: I’m very happy with a Novus Ordo well done, in Latin, with reverence, solemnity, beautiful vestments and lots of Gregorian Chant – in Latin!

13. Would you (or are you) home schooling or public school: Home is ideal but not for me. Public school is better than a bad Catholic school. There is only a so-so Catholic school here and we send the youngest there and so far so good.

14. How many kids do you have: Six

15. Ever been in an auto accident: Yes – I was 18 months old, in a car seat between my parents in the front seat. We were stopped at an intersection in rural Minnesota when a drunk driver collided with another car. They both then collided with our car, striking the passenger back seat area, killing my sister instantly. She was in third grade and had very recently made her First Communion. The rest of the family suffered only minor injuries. I ask each of you to offer a small prayer for my sister’s soul, her name was Brenda. I don’t remember her, but I miss her every day.

16. Ever seen a Pope in person: Sadly no

17. Languages that you know fluently: English, French and Swedish (not sure about fluent, but I know enough to get by in conversation and can read them well)

18. Last movie you saw in theatres: Spiderman 3, (we need to lobby for killing off the Kirsten Dunst character – I really mean it) She was soooo irritating with nearly constant whining and crying that I was actively hoping for her character’s death throughout the movie! Ok…enough rant.

19. Favorite Blog: Off the Record by Diogenes – he’s my hero :)

20. Your thoughts on Barney, the Easter bunny, and Santa Claus: Words can’t tell you how happy I am that all my kids have outgrown Barney! I find the Easter Bunny an irritating and vacuous secular distraction during the most holy time of the year. Now Santa I have a soft spot for – don’t mess with Santa!


Please accept my apology if you've done this meme before!

5 comments:

Cathy_of_Alex said...

Sanctus Belle: "Don't mess with Santa!" LOL!

Micki said...

Hi,
Thanks for including me in your meme. I have to pass though. I really only use my blog for the holy card and some quote. Also, and most importantly, we are leaving Wed. for a vacation to Italy and that's what's on my mind right now. I love your blog and think you have great words and great pictures.

Adoro said...

I'll absolutely say a prayer for Brenda.

Sanctus Belle said...

Thankyou for your prayers on behalf of my sister Adoro!

Anonymous said...

Loved this meme, Sanctus! Thanks for tagging me on this one. I finally got around to posting my own ABOUT ME MEME. Check it out when you get a chance.

Brenda (and your whole family) will be remembered in my prayers.